Saturday 3 March 2012

Tokidoki Love







tokidoki ("sometimes" in Japanese) is the Japanese-inspired lifestyle brand created in 2005 by Italian artist Simone Legno and his business partners Pooneh Mohajer and Ivan Arnold.
tokidoki produces apparel, footwear, accessories and other products using art, iconic characters and the tokidoki logo designed by Simone Legno, including purses, t-shirts, vinyl figures, jewellery, and small toys. - Wikipedia. 


Being a lover of all things cute, Tokidoki really captured my heart and my vinyl toy collection is 90% made up of Tokidoki items from the cactus friends to unicorno's! would love to be able to add the Moofia to these in time! (especially Latte!) 

Simone Lengo is a genius and this is shown with his collaborations with companies like Sanrio (hello kitty), Marvel, Skull candy, Barbie along with many others! The company is endorsed by so many celebrities even being featured in 'No love - lil wayne feat Eminem. 



 The tattooed Barbie caused controversy all over the world as well as selling out everywhere in record time! I don't know why it caused so much uproar with parents all over the world but it did, yes it was the first Barbie to have non removable tattoo's but they had released a Barbie that had transferable tattoo's on them!  I think that this Barbie showed the way the world is moving forward years ago woman having tattoo's was a taboo and now were socially accepted to have them! The price of this Barbie showed that it was clearly a collectable item, so most purchases I can Imagine have gone to people like myself that appreciate Simone Lengo's work! Although I know my 6 year old sister would be in love with her as she loves the idea of Tattoo's since i got my first. 



No comments:

Post a Comment